Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sandy's Egg Bake

Printable Recipe


This recipe comes from my sister. It is very good! The remarks and changes that she made to it are in parentheses.

1 pkg. Jimmy Dean Sausage
green and/or red bell pepper, chpd (recipe didn't call for this ... I just added ... I browned it with the sausage)
onion, chpd (recipe didn't call for this ... I just added it ... I browned it with the sausage)
4 cups cubed day-old bread
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
10 eggs, slightly beaten
4 cups milk
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion pwd (I skipped this since I added fresh onion)
fresh ground black pepper to taste

Place bread in well-buttered 9 x 13" baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine the eggs, milk and seasonings together and then pour evenly over the bread and cheese. Sprinkle sausage, onion, bell peppers over top. Cover and chill overnight. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour. Tent foil if top begins to brown too quickly.

No comments: