Still too hot to bake, but I thought I'd post this anyhow. I have been wanting to make this recipe for months! It looks so good! The recipe comes from BettyCrocker.com . One of these days, I will actually make it and when I do, I will post the photos.
2 pkgs (8-oz each) semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chpd
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks (from a 12-oz bag) (You can use 1 1/2 cups coarsely chpd white chocolate baking bars instead of the chunks)
1 1/2 cups whipping cream, divided
4 oz cream cheese (from 8-oz pkg), softened
1 (21-oz) can cherry pie filling, divided
1/4 tsp almond extract
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9" springform pan with cooking spray. In a 3-quart saucepan, melt the semisweet chocolate and butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Cool 30 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until about triple in volume. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into the springform pan. Bake 400 degrees, 15 - 20 minutes or until edge is set but center is still soft and jiggles slightly when moved. Cool completely in pan, about 1 1/2 hours. then cover and refrigerate 1 1/2 hours.
3. In medium microwavable bowl, mix the white chocolate and 2 tbsp of the whipping cream. Microwave uncovered on High for 20 - 40 seconds, stirring once, until chocolate is melted. Stir until well blended. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add white chocolate mixture, beating until smooth. Add 1 cup of the pie filling; beat until well blended and cherries are broken up.
4. In another chilled, medium bowl, beat remaining whipping cream and almond extract on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in cherry-chocolate mixture until well blended. Spread over dark chocolate layer. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
5. Remove sides from springform pan and serve torte topped with the remaining cherry pie filling.