Thursday, August 5, 2010

Gourmet Mint Brownies

Printable Recipe

It has been far too hot lately, to do a much baking. Plus, I'm in the middle of moving, and I'm busy packing, packing, packing! That's why I haven't been posting any new recipes. So for the time being, if I post anything at all, there won't be any photos along with them until I can get back into the kitchen and get baking again. (I am so looking forward to fall!)

These bars come from the Pillsbury Best Cookies cookbook. They are oh so good!

Filling
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp mint extract (I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use peppermint extract, if you desire)
4 drops green food color

Brownies
1 cup butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chpd
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup flour

Frosting
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp corn syrup
2 tbsp water
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup pwd sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13" pan. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar; beat until smooth. Add 1 egg, mint extract, and food color; mix well and set aside.

In a large saucepan, melt 1 cup butter and 4 oz chocolate over very low heat, stirring constantly. remove from heat; cool 15 minutes or until slightly cooled. Stir in 2 cups sugar and 2 tsp vanilla. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour ; mix well. Spread in prepared pan. Carefully spoon filling over brownie mixture. Lightly swirl filling into brownie mixture.

Bake 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until set. Let cool completely.

In a medium saucepan, combine 2 tbsp butter, corn syrup and water; bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Add 2 oz chocolate; stir until melted. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla and pwd sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cooled brownies. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.

7 comments:

Pam said...

These look perfect! I love mint and this is a great brownie recipe!

無糖甜點 said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting stuff. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is share-how-why.blogspot.com)

Mags @ the Other Side of 50 said...

I've never met a mint and chocolate combination that I didn't love. This sounds like a fantastic recipe.

Chef Dennis Littley said...

those brownies look so delicious!! I wish i could have a few right now!

Jacqueline said...

Oh, Sugar Queen where have you been? I went to a wedding reception tonight and had to sit by 3 couples who were going off on eating only raw foods. That just is not me, I need sugar too, all things in moderation!

Kathy said...

=) You are a woman after my own heart, Jacqueline!

Amy (Sing For Your Supper) said...

Oooh, I just LOVE mint brownies!!! I bet these are fantastic!