Monday, October 25, 2010

Breakfast Pizza



Printable Recipe

 I started making this about 23 years ago, and I made it quite often when my kids were younger. I haven't made it in years ... it was just one of those recipes you sort of forget about, but I'm not sure why. It is very quick and easy to make and it's very good. I know the bacon on the side is a little overkill, and this would be a perfect combination served with blueberry muffins - I just didn't have enough time to make the muffins when I made this. Served with orange juice, and coffee and you have the perfect breakfast or brunch. I probably overcooked this a little bit, so the cheese doesn't have to look as golden brown as it does in the picture when you make it! :]

1 (8-oz) container Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 (10-oz) pkg sausage links (I use Banquet's Brown 'N Serve, Original flavor), cooked according to pkg directions and sliced*
4 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded or sliced
4 oz Cheddar or Colby (I used a whole 8-oz pkg of shredded Co-Jack cheese - original recipe calls for all Monterey Jack cheese. I  have always done half Monterey Jack and half Cheddar or Colby)
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Generously grease a 9 x 13" pan and lay the crescent rolls flat, pressing the seams together. Layer on the sausages, and then the cheese. Beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over all and bake 425 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, or until cooked through and cheese is melted and browned. Do not overbake.

*This would be good with a bulk Italian sausage, browned. You can use any sausage you want, really.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

You got lots of interesting recipes and very nice pictures. Happy to follow you for more food ideas :D

Pam said...

Oh, this sounds great! I love dishes like this for breakfast and it sounds nice and easy also with the crescent rolls. Printed.