Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chex Mix



Printable Recipe

My kids love this stuff! I usually only make it around this time of the year, because that is when the cereal is on sale. Even when I make a triple batch, it doesn't even last a day. I make it in a huge roasting pan, and you'd think it would be enough to last forever, but not in my house! I do not add the pretzels or peanuts, even though I included them in the recipe. I do add a little extra of the Worcestershire sauce and the salt.

3x's              2x's          1x   
1 1/2 cups     1 cup        1/2 cup   butter
9 tbsp           6 tbsp       3 tbsp      Worcestershire sauce
6 tsp             3 tsp         2 tsp        (rounded tsp's) seasoned salt (Lawry's)
9 cups           6 cups      3 cups     Wheat Chex cereal
9 cups           6 cups      3 cups     Rice Chex cereal
9 cups           6 cups      3 cups     Corn Chex cereal
3 cups           2 cups      1 cup       broken pretzels
3 cups           2 cups      1 cup       salted peanuts


Preheat the oven to 250°. Melt the butter in a large roasting pan in the oven. Add the Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt to the pan and stir until combined. Add the cereals, pretzels and nuts and stir until thoroughly coated. Bake 250° for 50 - 60 minutes, stirring every 10 - 15 minutes. Let cool and store in a covered container.


1 comment:

Pam said...

It looks great and your kids know what is good. I love it too.