Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ginger Pork Wraps (Crock Pot)

Printable Recipe


These wraps are very good. When I made them, I did not cook it for as long as is called for. I also used country-style pork ribs (boneless ribs), as opposed to the boneless rib roast, since I was unable to find a roast at the time I made these. They still turned out very well.


2  1/2 pounds pork boneless loin roast
3 tbsp grated gingerroot
3 tbsp honey
1/4 cup hoisin sauce (I did not add this)

3 cups coleslaw mix
2 tbsp rice vinegar
12 flour tortillas (8-10" in diameter), warmed

Remove fat from pork. Mix the gingerroot and honey in a 3 1/2 or 4 quart
crock pot. Add the pork; turn to coat it with the honey mixture.

Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 - 8 hours, or until pork is tender. (I think I only cooked it for 5 hours, but that could have been due to the fact that I used  boneless ribs, instead of a roast.)

Remove pork from crock pot. Shred meat, using two forks and return to crock pot. Stir in the hoisin sauce.

To serve, toss the coleslaw mix and rice vinegar until well mixed. Spread about 1/3 cup of the pork mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with the coleslaw mixture and roll up tightly.

Makes 12 wraps

2 comments:

Ginger Jones said...

This looks AMAZINGly good! Thanks for stopping my blog.

I'd like to invite you to join in Slow Cooking Saturdays Recipe Swap. You have some great crock pot recipes and I know all of my followers would love to see them. Here is a list of weekly themes for the Slow Cooking Saturdays Recipe Swap http://crockpotrecipeexchange.blogspot.com/p/slow-cooking-saturdays.html I hope you'll consider joining.

Keep up the great work!

Kathy said...

Thank you Cookin' Mama, for the invitation! I will definitely take a look and join in. I don't have a /lot/ of crock pot recipes that I use on a regular basis, but I am always looking for more tried and true recipes. I'll see you over there sometime! =)