Sunday, November 15, 2009

Classic Chili

Printable Recipe


So I've been in the mood for chili recently, and my go-to recipe usually is Hovies Chili . Actually, my son usually makes this - he loves it. However, I've been wanting to try something different and went searching through some magazines. I found this one in a Taste of Home magazine that is similar to a recipe given to me years ago, by a friend. That chili was very good, and while I haven't tried this recipe yet, I'm hoping this will be good, too.

1 medium green pepper, chpd
2 medium onions, chpd
1/2 cup chpd celery
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 pounds hamburger
2 (28-oz) cans tomatoes, undrained and cut up
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tbsp chili pwd
1 tsp garlic pwd
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 (16 oz) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed

In a skillet, brown the hamburger along with the green pepper and onions, drain. Place the hamburger mixture in a large pot and add the remaining ingredients, except for the kidney beans. Cover and simmer for 1  1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add the kidney beans and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes longer.

No comments: