Sunday, December 9, 2018

THROWBACK - Mock Baby Ruth Bars

THROWBACK: These are recipes that I made years ago and then have fallen by the wayside over the years. I recently came upon many of these recipes when going through a box full of handwritten recipes and printed from off the internet. They've brought back a lot of memories going through them. I can't wait to try them again.

Some of the recipes are "new" to me, in that I haven't made them before but sound real promising. Others are tried and true. I do remember making these Mock Baby Ruth Bars and  I have no idea why they have this name because I don't recall them tasting like the candy bar, but I do remember them tasting real good.



Recipe courtesy of Homemade Hooplah


Print

CRUST
4 cups oatmeal
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup (light or dark can be used)
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

FROSTING
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
2/3 cup peanut butter


For the Crust
In a large bowl, mix together the oatmeal, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Stir in the melted butter until thoroughly combined. Pat into a greased 9x13" and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (I've got other copies of the recipe that say to bake at 400 degrees. Try 375 degrees first, and if needed, bake a little longer until they are nicely browned.)


For the Frosting
Meanwhile, while crust is baking, combine the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Stir in the peanut butter and mix until smooth. Spread over the crust as soon as it comes out of the oven and spread evenly. Cool and cut into bars.





No comments: