Friday, November 19, 2021

Brownies Deluxe I

This recipe is very, very old. I got it from a lady who I used to babysit for, so I would have been in my early teens. It's been forever since I made them, but another that has gone on my Must Make Soon, list.

Print

Brownies

2 (one-ounce) squares of unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1sp vanilla extract
2/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Frosting

1 (one-ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
1 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 tbsp milk

To Prepare the Brownies: 

In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt together the unsweetened chocolate and shortening, stirring until everything has melted. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the sugar until well blended. Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs and vanilla extract, beating well. Lastly, stir in the flour, baking powder and salt, just until blended. Spread into a greased 8" square pan and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until set. Let cool completely.

To Prepare the Frosting: 

Melt together the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, beating until smooth. Spread over the brownies. Cut into bars. 

No comments: