Sunday, April 28, 2019

Crockpot Ham with a Honey Glaze

I have a couple of recipes to make in the crockpot that I will post. I've never made ham in the crockpot myself, but I have tried it, It is very tasty, and makes the house smell so good while it is cooking.

Print

4 pound ham
1 (12-oz.) can 7-Up or Ginger Ale soda

Glaze
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp of the drippings from the ham

Place the ham and soda in the crockpot on a rack, if you have one. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before end of cooking time, combine the honey, dry mustard, ground cloves and cinnamon and the 3 tbsp drippings from the bottom of the crock pot and drizzle over the ham. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Remove ham from crockpot and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. Thinly slice the ham and serve with the glaze and juices if there are any remaining in the bottom of the crock pot.


No comments: